Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Last Day Before Leaving For MTC

Well today was a great and exciting day for me for I will be flying to the Manila Missionary Training Center  tomorrow. 

This morning I have lunch near my secondary school with Elisa Wong and Angel Santos, two of the young women in our Branch. We had a good chat and I enjoyed my lunch with them.

This evening I got set apart as a full-time missionary by Elder Chi Hong (Sam) Wong, a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy. Now I am officially called as "Elder Ganzon", a title given to all male missionaries of my Church.

My parents were there to witness my setting-apart. My Mom had tears in her eyes when I hug her. My Dad afterwards was my certified first companion. Now I cannot be just all alone by myself - that's mission rule no. 1, "Always stay with your companion". So my Dad will have to stay with me the whole time until I fly to Manila tomorrow.

Its both an emotional and happy day for me. I wish I could stay longer with my friends and family here. But I have my duty to my Heavenly Father to accomplish before anything else in my life. Duty to God first before pleasure. I know blessings will come later.

I was hoping to bring my family for dinner for the past few weeks but due to work and saving money for this mission I couldn't. I will never forget my farewell party that my parents has organized for me and those who came.

My mom surprised me by inviting my classmates to my farewell dinner. We had a good fun! Most of our close family friends were also there. Thanks to the families - Tais, Seows, Bilans, Zollingers, Fords, Fortes, Gabons, Wongs, Logronos, Sy Guans, Wens, Gartzs, Gustafssons, my caring and loving aunties and friends.

We had pasta, beef and chicken satay , spring rolls, cookies and many more. Kudos to my Mom who is the best cook in the world. Sister Tai prepared a fantastic punch drink. Everyone had a chance to say some farewell message and counsels to me. My friend's message to me is to shoot two bird's in one stone. First is to work hard and second is to find a girlfriend. Well, the second one is not valid in the mission field. As a missionary, I have to serve my mission with my eyes single to the glory of God.

Again, to all my friends, I wish you all the best hope to see you all after two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment