Monday, October 20, 2014

My Second Week in the Mission Field

Last Monday was my first P-day (preparation day)! It's laundry time and apartment cleaning. Then, my companion and I went to a computer shop to check our emails and had an hour writing our replies. It was fun and exciting to hear from my friends, MTC batch mates and most of all from my parents and little brother.

After that, my companion and I spend the rest of the day buying groceries and stuffs we need for the coming week. We went back home to take some rest and get ready for the following day

This week was a long and busy week for us as we have lots of investigators to teach. It was fun speaking Tag-lish (Tagalog-English)! Surprisingly, people here are responding to my "Carabao-Tagalog!" Looks like they have no problem understanding what I'm talking about!

My companion, Elder Aribbay, is a good cook! He cooks lots of food like adobo and omelets.

A big surprise I got this week was a visit from my friend in Hong Kong - Parley Wen!  He is one of my closest friends back home. We grew up together, go to the same church together, attend seminary together, and applied mission together. He will be assigned to England-London Mission this coming November! I am so happy to see him here in Banna with his mom, Auntie Vilma. They brought me some of my favorite foods. It was a brief visit but very meaningful to me. I'm quite sad to see him go but for sure we'll see each other in the next two years in Hong Kong after our mission.

I also received a package from my Mom and Dad. Courtesy of Auntie Vilma. In the package are my favorite breakfast cereals, chocolate drink, mints, cereal bars and skin lotions. Thanks to my Mom and Dad!

My first Sunday in the branch was fun as I have the chance to meet the members. They are very nice to me. The members here meets in a small meeting house since they do not have a chapel yet. I have a chance to share my testimony during the sacrament meeting. I shared my testimony of the blessings of receiving and magnifying our church calling.

My only challenge here in the mission field right now is adjusting myself to the environment but I think I can handle it. I just need to push myself a little bit more and to continue moving on.

I would like to bear my testimony that the Book of Mormon is a true word of God. It is a great gift and blessing to us from Heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. I bear testimony of the blessings of missionary work.

Missionary work is not only all about teaching. It is also about bringing our fellow brothers and sisters come unto Christ. It is all about bringing them back to our Heavenly Father. These testimony I share with you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment