Monday, December 8, 2014

My Ninth Week in the Mission Field

Last  Monday, our P-day went well. My companion and I went to Laoag City and head off to SM to buy our one week groceries. In Pure Gold we met Tita Kristy Aguda from Hong Kong, who took a photo of me and hopefully she'll send it to my parents. Then in the afternoon, we went back to work.
 
 
Last week, everyone here was preparing for a big typhoon which could possibly hit the Philippines. We had a Church event in preparation for a worst case typhoon scenario. We helped made 72-hour emergency kits for the members of our Branch here.
 
 
Last Sunday, I met Tita Claire and her family in the Church. She used to work in Hong Kong and a very close family friend. She used to watch over me in the Church on Sundays when I was in Primary. We talked about my mission and about her two sons. She told me a lot about myself when I was a kid.
 
 
Oh, by the way, I have received a package from my home branch in Hong Kong - Victoria 1st Branch. It was cool. Thanks a lot to my friends and teachers there! It was indeed an early Christmas gift! I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for making me feel so special. You are all special to me, which also includes my family. Without you all, I wouldn't have been the person that I am today. May Heavenly Father bless you all with the fullness of the blessings of the Spirit. Always trust in Him in all your doings.
 
 
In advance, I would like to greet my Mom and Dad a happy 25th wedding anniversary! I miss you guys and also Josh. Don't forget your Family Home Evenings and family prayers and Heavenly Father will bless you.
 
 
If you want to know about my companion, Elder Aribbay, he is cool. By the way, we went to Chowking for lunch to eat Chinese food last Monday!
 
 
Our Christmas Conference is scheduled to be on 17th of December 2014 in Laoag City! My schedule to Skype with my family is on 27th of December 2014.
 
 
About my health, I'm still alive and strong! About my Tagalog... "kahit magaling mas mabuti natotou nuun." (I'm getting better but should have learned it long time ago).
 
 
In closing this week, I just want to testify that missionary work  is more than just a growing and learning experience for me. It is an opportunity to serve the Lord which we should not miss. Even though at times when you'll have difficulty in learning the language and culture of the people you're serving with, you shouldn't give up in the middle of it as this opportunity can only come once in your lifetime. As time flies, the hastening work of salvation becomes more important for our Lord's coming is near. I know this to be true.
 
 
So I would like to invite you, my dear brothers and sisters most especially to my fellow youth (now I'm not saying here that I'm more better than you guys as I still consider myself a youth) to serve a mission, or help give referrals to the missionaries, or inviting friends to Church. I testify that as we do these things, Heavenly Father will bless us and those who we teach.
 
 
I know these things to be true. I know the Book of Mormon is the most correct scripture. I know that the Bible also contains the words of God. I know missionary work brings many blessings. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true Church on the face of the earth and I leave this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.  
 
 








 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment